San Francisco is the 4th populous city in California. It is the commercial and cultural hub of Northern California. It is a peninsular region surrounded by the Pacific Ocean and natural beauty. San Francisco is known for its round the year pleasant weather, cable cars, and Victorian houses, but there are other important places to visit and learn about the city. Being a colonial city of Spain it holds a much secret treasure of past and present. Let’s discover the 5 best places in San Francisco without which any traveler’s tour won’t be completed.
- The Golden Gate Bridge – The major attraction of this city is Golden Gate Bridge, which is constructed across Golden Gate strait connecting San Francisco Bay with the Pacific Ocean. It is a suspension bridge and was the longest and tallest bridge of its time. The bridge attracts thousands of tourists from the world for its technical art and beautiful backdrop. The foggy weather and interesting history of the bridge attract people to visit the place. Considering the rising attraction and interest of the people, the bridge has now a cafeteria, ret room and visionary site for tourists where one can enjoy the view more holistically. The bridge was a dream for Joseph Strauss, the architect of the bridge which completed a near impossible task considered at that time. It took 4 years to complete this bridge construction i.e. from 1933 to 1937.
- The palace of fine arts – This monumental structure is designed by Bernard Maybeck in Greco-Roman architectural design inspired from a ruin. This structure was one among the ten structures/palaces built for the 1915 Panama- Pacific International Exposition held to celebrate the completion of the Panama Canal and at the same time showcasing the rise of San Francisco after 1906 earthquake. At the end of the world’s fair, it was decided not to demolish the structure and that is how it is still standing on its original position. Now it is used for wedding and private parties and for holding exhibitions of art and designs. The night view of the structure, its shadow on the pool is best for viewers. It is still one of the best places in California to visit.
- Twin Peaks – The twin peaks are two hills situated at the center of the city known commonly by the name North and South Twin peaks and also specifically called as “Eureka and Noe”. It is definitely a tourist interest point as it gives 360° view of the San Francisco city and the Pacific Ocean and Bay. The view at night time is breathtaking and holds the gaze of an individual for its beauty. The city engulfed in the city light looks mesmerizing. The round the year cool weather, windy day and warm sunlight add to the aura. All these things as beautifully written can only be felt by visiting the place. The other reasons to go to this place are some of the rare biodiversity and flora-fauna like Mission Blue Butterfly which is found in only two places in the world. The place has a history too which tells the importance of the city and the twin peak.
- Pier 39 – It is the shopping area and a sightseeing point. Visitors and travelers come to this place for two main reasons i.e. having a nice view of Sea Lions being hauled on the dock of the pier. They have reduced coming out on seal rock and chosen this space for probably safety or likeness, but definitely, it is really nice to see them in open and without any fear. Another reason is seafood, which is served in more than 14 full serviced restaurants on the pier 39. The all-time favorite oysters and cioppino of foodies draw their attention to this place. The reason could be anything but the San Francisco tour is complete without coming to Pier 39.
- Financial district – The financial district is the monetary club corner of the city. It is distinct in styles where marvelous architectural idea runs through every street of the city. The best and highest building of the district ‘Transamerica Pyramid’ is the eye-catcher. It repeats the greatness of the district every time a visitor lay her/his eye on it. The expensive places to dine like ‘Tadich grill’ serves fresh and super special sea foods like Cioppino and if anyone is interested in knowing the chattering of the city dwellers then they could go to ‘Croker galleria’ where the true financial status of the district could be known. The Expensive shops and products are the attraction of millionaires and the youth who dream of wearing expensive and stylish clothes. The city holds the famous five ‘Fortune-500′ industries head office located here, which is enough to tell why this city is all about stories of gold searchers.